If you are looking for an easy side for Christmas dinner or lunch or just an easy dish to take for a work carry in this is a fantastic option! This was a no left overs from at my most recent work carry in and it was gone before anyone had a chance at seconds! This slow cooker mac and cheese is the perfect dish to mix up the night before, set the crock pot that morning forget until lunch, it also pairs great our BBQ shredded chicken.
Start by boiling some water for cooking your noodles, you want to cook your noodles about 2/3 of the time listed on the box. I cooked mine for about 7 minutes. Then drain and run cool water over them if you plan to refrigerate your mixture prior to starting the cooking process.
While the noodles are boiling I mix up the cheese mix. Start with putting down a crock pot liner if you have one to speed up clean up! If not make sure to grease your slow cooker. This recipe creates great golden brown mac and cheese, but it is a little messy to clean up with out a liner. Dump in the evaporated milk, milk, whisked eggs, seasoned salt, pepper, garlic powder, and onion powder. Mix and then add in 3/4 of the sharp cheddar cheese. If you are not using a liner I would suggest mixing this up in a medium sized bowl and then transferring it to your slow cooker.
Mix your noodles into the cheese mixture in your slow cooker. Then top with the remaining sharp cheddar cheese and Colby jack cheese.
You can either refrigerate this mixture for up to 12 hours until you are ready to cook or start your slow cooker on low immediately for 5 hours.
Enjoy your wonderful golden brown slow cooker mac and cheese!
Ingredients For Slow Cooker Mac and Cheese
2 Cups Elbow Macaroni
1 (12 oz) Can evaporated milk
2 Cups Milk
1 Teaspoon Seasoned Salt
1/2 Teaspoon Pepper
1/4 Teaspoon Garlic Powder
1/4 Teaspoon Onion Powder
4 Cups Sharp Cheddar Cheese Shredded
1 Cup Colby Jack Cheese Shredded
Slow Cooker Mac and Cheese
- Slow Cooker
- 2 Cups Elbow Macaroni
- 1 Can Evaporated Milk 12 oz
- 2 Cups Milk
- 2 Eggs
- 1 tsp Seasoned Salt
- 1/2 tsp Pepper
- 1/4 tsp Garlic Powder
- 1/4 tsp Onion Powder
- 4 Cups Shredded Sharp Cheddar Cheese
- 1 Cup Shredded Colby Jack Cheese
- Boil your noodles for 3/4 of the time listed on the box. Approx 7 minutes. Drain and rinse with cool water. Set aside
- Mix together the evaporated milk, milk, eggs, seasoned salt, pepper, garlic powder, and onion powder.
- Add in the semi cooked elbow noodles.
- Mix in 3/4 of the Shredded Cheddar Cheese (3 Cups).
- Pour this mixture into the slow cooker.
- Top with the remaining cup of Shredded Cheddar Cheese and Colby Jack Cheese
- Set your slow cooker on low for 5 hours.
- Enjoy your mac and cheese!
3 thoughts on “Slow Cooker Mac and Cheese”
Pingback: Air Fryer Hamburgers - Sprinkle of Country
Pingback: Easter Lemon Pretzel Dessert - Sprinkle of Country
Pingback: Easy Slow Cooker Shepherd's Pie - Sprinkle of Country