This wonderful Easter Lemon Pretzel Dessert was something my Mom made about 10 years ago for Easter. It quickly became an Easter tradition and a great summer dish with simply replacing the lemon pudding with strawberry pie filling. This Easter Lemon Pretzel Dessert will become a wonderful addition to your Easter dinner menu this year!
Begin with crushing your pretzels. I prefer to do this by placing my pretzels in a Ziploc bag and using a rolling pin to crush them. Crush your pretzels until the largest pieces are no bigger than 1/2 an inch. Then continue with mixing with your crushed pretzels, butter and 1/2 a cup of granulated sugar. Press the pretzel mixture into a 9×13 pan. Then set the pretzel mixture aside.
Next you will begin mixing your cream cheese layer. Start with softened cream cheese. I prefer to soften mine in the microwave on the soften setting for cream cheese. If you don’t have this, soften the cream cheese on 50% power for 20 second increments until the cheese is soft. Mix in the remaining 1/2 cup of granulated sugar. Once these are mixed well, fold in the cool whip using a spatula. DO NOT, I repeat do not use a mixer to mix in the cool whip. If you do this, this layer will be flat. It will taste fine, but it will not be pretty.
Once your cream cheese mixture is ready, mix up your lemon pudding for the topping. In a measuring cup mix the milk and instant lemon pudding until smooth. Set aside while you spread the cream cheese mixture over the pretzel crust. So the lemon mixture has a chance to thicken slightly. Try to get the cream cheese mixture as even as possible over the pretzel crust.
Once the cream cheese mixture is spread out evenly. Pour the lemon pudding on top of the cream cheese mixture. Spread out evenly.
Refrigerate for at least 2 hours prior to serving. Cut into even pieces and serve cold.
If you are looking for a wonderful side for your Easter dinner: Check out our Slow Cooker Mac and Cheese!
Ingredients For Easter Lemon Pretzel Dessert
8 oz Pretzels, crushed
1 Cup Granulated White Sugar, Split into 2 – 1/2 cup portions
6 Tbsp Butter, melted
8 oz Cream Cheese, softened
8 oz Cool Whip
1 3/4 Cups Milk
3.5 Oz Box Instant Lemon Pudding
Easter Lemon Pretzel Dessert
- 9×13 pan
- 8 oz Pretzels Crushed
- 1 Cup Granulated White Sugar Split in to 2 -1/2 Cup portions
- 6 tbsp Butter Melted
- 8 oz Cream Cheese Softened
- 8 oz Cool Whip
- 1 ¾ Cups Milk
- 3.5 Oz Box Instant Lemon Pudding
- Crush up your pretzels, have your largest piece be no larger than 1/2″.
- In a medium mixing bowl, mix up the pretzels, 1/2 cup of granulated sugar and melted butter.
- Press the pretzel mix in to a 9×13 pan. Set aside.
- In a medium mixing bowl combine the remaining 1/2 cup of sugar and softened cream cheese. Once mixed well fold in the cool whip with a spatula.
- Mix up the lemon topping: combine the milk and instant lemon pudding until smooth. Set aside.
- Spread the cream cheese mixture out over the pretzel crust evenly.
- Pour over the lemon pudding mixture and spread out evenly.
- Refrigerate for 2 hours before serving cold.