Growing up in a farm family we ate a majority of our dinners at home, but occasionally we went out for some local charity fundraiser dinners. Twice baked potatoes were always a favorite of mine and if I was having a lucky night they were on the menu! In the past I’ve tried frozen versions, but nothing compares to these homemade cheesy twice baked potatoes!
Preparation Of Cheesy Twice Baked Potatoes
Start with preheating your oven to 375°.
To continue making your cheesy twice baked potatoes clean your russet potatoes by scrubbing them with a vegetable brush under running water. Then place them on your baking sheet. Spray your baking potatoes with spray cooking oil coating them well. Sprinkling the potatoes with salt if desired.
Then place the potatoes in the oven for 1 hour and 15 minutes.
Once the potatoes are completely baked through slice them in half length wise as shown below. Then use hot pad to hold the potato and scoop out the insides into a medium sized mixing bowl. Add in the sour cream, milk, butter, and cheese. Mix well to form a mashed potato like mixture.
Once the skins are hallowed out and the mashed potato mixture is made, stuff the potato skins with the mashed potato mixture. Then top the potatoes with the remaining shredded cheese and bacon bits.
Place the potatoes in the oven to bake for an additional 10-15 minutes. Or until the cheese on top of the potatoes is completely melted.
3 Baking Potatoes (Russet Potatoes)
1/2 Cup Sour Cream
1/4 Cup Milk
1/4 Cup Butter
2/3 Cup Shredded Mild Cheddar Cheese
1/3 Cup Shredded Mild Cheddar Cheese (For Topping)
1/4 Cup Bacon Bits (For Topping)
Vegetable Oil Cooking Spray
Salt If Desired
Cheesy Twice Baked Potatoes
- 3 Medium Baking Potatoes Russet Potatoes
- ½ Cup Sour Cream
- ¼ Cup Milk
- ¼ Cup Butter
- ⅔ Cup Mild Cheddar Cheese Shredded
- ⅓ Cup Mild Cheddar Cheese Shredded
- ¼ Cup Bacon Bits
- Cooking Spray
- Salt if Desired
- Preheat the oven to 375°.
- Start with thoroughly washing your baking potatoes by scrubbing them under running water with a vegetable brush.
- Place your clean baking potatoes on a sheet pan for baking. Then spray the potatoes with vegetable cooking spray until they are coated. Sprinkle with Salt if desired.
- Bake at 375° for 1 hour and 15 minutes.
- Then remove the potatoes from the oven and cut them in half length wise.
- Use a hot pad to hold onto the potatoes, and scoop out the flesh of the potatoes into a medium mixing bowl.
- Combining the flesh of the potatoes, sour cream, milk, butter and ⅔ Cup of shredded cheese to make a mashed potato mixture.
- Then stuff the empty potato shells with the mashed potato mixture.
- Top the potatoes with the remaining shredded cheese and bacon bits.
- Bake at 375° for 10-15 more minutes or until the cheese is melted.
- Serve hot and enjoy!