A Fast and Easy Weeknight Dinner
Growing up on a dairy farm I can remember hamburgers being a staple in our home even when I was little. We ate hamburger in everything and with everything. They were not only for family dinners and cookouts as traditional hamburgers on buns, but also just plain hamburger patties with scrambled eggs in the morning for breakfast. Tonight we were in the mood for traditional hamburgers, but with the nasty weather outside I decided to try air fryer hamburgers instead of dragging out the grill.
Air fryers have been around in some capacity or another for a while. They seem to have come back into style in a fierce fashion here lately. Cooking anything from pizza to French fries to you guessed it hamburgers!
To make these juicy hamburgers start with thawed ground beef and mix in the eggs, Ritz crackers, Worcestershire sauce, BBQ sauce, onion powder and garlic powder. Once everything is well mixed split my meat up evenly in the bowl with your spoon for as many burgers as you are trying to make. The ones I made tonight were approx a quarter pound.
Pull out one section of beef and roll it into a ball, then pat it down into a patty while rounding the sides. Occasionally I find I have to do this twice to get a nicely shaped hamburger.
Once your parties are formed, I place them on a plate and put them back into the fridge until I’m ready to cook them, just make sure you don’t make these more than 24 hours in advance.
When your ready to cook or in this case air fry your burgers get your air fryer ready and place your burgers in the basket. Set your temperature for 375 degrees and your timer for 16 minutes.
Flip your hamburgers at the 8 minute mark.
After cooking these for the first time I did use a food thermometer to verify I was at the correct temp for beef of 145 degrees. Remember I did quarter pound hamburgers so if you cook larger burgers they make take a little longer.
After removing my burgers from the fryer I did blot them off with a paper towel to get off the excess grease, you can skip this step depending on the type of hamburger you have and how well your grease drains off in your air fryer during the cooking process.
These burgers were just as good as grilled and a perfect alternative to pulling out the grill in an Indiana winter! They even passed the husband test! These hamburgers pair great with our slow cooker mac and cheese. Make sure you check out the recipe by clicking on the link!
Ingredients For Air Fryer Hamburgers
2 lbs ground beef
10 crumbled ritz crackers
1/2 teaspoon Worcestershire sauce
2 Teaspoon BBQ sauce
1/2 teaspoon onion powder
1/4 teaspoon garlic powder
Air Fryer Hamburgers
- Air Fryer
- 2 lbs ground beef thawed
- 2 Eggs
- 10 Ritz Crackers crumbled
- 1/2 tsp Worcestershire Sauce
- 2 tsp BBQ Sauce
- 1/2 tsp Onion Powder
- 1/4 tsp Garlic Powder
- Mix together the ground beef, eggs, crumbled ritz crackers, Worcestershire sauce, BBQ sauce, onion powder, and garlic powder in a medium mixing bowl.
- Use your spoon to spit up the meat mixture into equal parts.
- Make hamburger patties out of the meat mixture. Start with making a ball and then flattening it. Round out the sides to make a more even circle.
- Place your patties in the air fryer, set the air fryer temp at 375° for 16 minutes.
- Flip the patties at the 8 minute mark. Watch to make sure your patties do not get too brown for your liking.
- Make sure your hamburger patties get up to the 145° safe cooking temp.
- Serve your air fryer hamburgers.