Indiana Winters call for delicious and easy soup recipes to help warm up these chilly nights! This Instant Pot Chicken Pot Pie Soup is a perfect way to fulfil the comfort food need with out all the extra calories since it skips the crust! I have to say though, it is delicious served with biscuits!
Preparation Of Chicken Pot Pie Soup
To begin making this Instant Pot recipe start with chopping up your celery, carrots and potatoes. I like smaller pieces and chopped them in approximately 1/4″ sections, but you can leave them larger if you prefer. Make sure to peel your potato first! Then combine your diced celery, carrots and potatoes in the instant pot along with the frozen corn, cubed chicken, chicken broth and spices (minced onion, seasoned salt, pepper, dried thyme). Then stir the mixture gently before sealing your pressure cooker and preparing to cook!
Once all your ingredients are in your Instant Pot your ready to start the cooking process. Set the Instant Pot on Manual High Pressure for 10 minutes. Then allow time for your pressure cooker to get to pressure, generally this takes approximately 10-15 minutes.
After your pressure cooker has reached temperature and cooked for 10 minutes allow your pressure cooker to naturally release for 10 minutes before doing a manual release.
Once your pressure has released you’re ready to add in the remaining ingredients, the frozen peas and heavy cream. Put your Instant Pot on the Sauté function for 5 minutes and stir consistently. This will help to thicken your soup.
Now you’re ready to enjoy your Chicken Pot Pie Soup!
3/4 Cup Chopped Celery
3/4 Cup Chopped Carrots
1 Large Potato Diced (Approx 1/2 Cup)
2/3 Cup Frozen Corn
1 3/4 Cup Chicken Broth
1 1/2 lbs Chicken Breast Cubed
1 1/2 Teaspoon Minced Onion
1 Teaspoon Seasoned Salt
1/2 Teaspoon Pepper
1/2 Teaspoon Dried Thyme
2/3 Cup Peas
1 Cup Heavy Cream
Instant Pot Chicken Pot Pie Soup
- Electric Pressure Cooker or Instant Pot
- ¾ Cup Chopped Celery
- ¾ Cup Chopped Carrots
- 1 Large Potato Diced, Approx ½ Cup
- ⅔ Cup Corn Frozen
- 1¾ Cup Chicken Broth
- 1½ lbs Chicken Breast Cubed
- 1½ tsp Minced Onion
- 1 tsp Seasoned Salt
- ½ tsp Pepper
- ½ tsp Thyme Dried
- ⅔ Cup Peas Frozen
- 1 Cup Heavy Cream
- Begin with chopping the celery and carrots in to the desired sized pieces.
- Then peel and dice the potato into desired sized pieces.
- Combine the celery, carrots, potatoes, frozen corn, chicken broth, cubed chicken, minced onion, seasoned salt, pepper and thyme in your Instant Pot. Stir Gently.
- Seal your Instant Pot and set your pot to manual high pressure for 10 minutes.
- Let your Instant Pot naturally release for 10 minutes before doing a manual release.
- Then add in the frozen peas and the heavy cream.
- Set your Instant Pot on Sauté mode for 5 minutes. Make sure to stir consistently.
- Enjoy your Easy Creamy Instant Pot Chicken Pot Pie Soup!