Cooking for large crowds has always been one of my favorite things to do! This big recipe for Slow Cooker Veggie Sloppy Joes is the perfect main dish for a larger family gathering. The recipe can also be cut in half and the remaining veggies can be used for chili or other soup/salad dishes to limit waste. I most recently made a half batch for our family 4th of July dinner and used my remaining veggies for chili. These Sloppy Joes are perfectly paired with our Slow Cooker Mac And Cheese and our Red Hot Applesauce!
Preparation and Cooking
To begin making your Slow Cooker Veggie Sloppy Joes begin with browning your ground beef. After browning, drain your browned ground beef, and add it to your slow cooker. Then add in your ketchup and mustard and mix well. You can use a crock pot liner for easier clean up, but it is not necessary.
Continue with dicing up all of your veggies the zucchini, onion, carrots and tomato. Then mix all of your diced vegetables into the beef and sauce mixture.
Set your crock pot on low for 6 hours.
Stir your Sloppy Joe once approximately half way through cooking. This will help prevent your Sloppy Joe from crusting and burning along the edges.
After your slow cooker veggie sloppy joes have completed cooking you can serve them over baked potatoes or on buns! They are delicious either way!
If you do not have 6 hours to wait for this delicious Sloppy Joe, you can also cook it covered over medium heat on the stove for 30 minutes.
Ingredients For Veggie Filled Sloppy Joes
4 lbs Ground Beef, browned
3 Cups Ketchup
1 Cup Mustard
1 Medium Zucchini, diced
1 Small Sweet Onion, diced
8 Baby Carrots, diced
1 Medium Tomato, diced
Slow Cooker Veggie Sloppy Joes
- Slow Cooker
- 4 lbs Ground Beef Browned
- 3 Cups Ketchup
- 1 Cup Mustard
- 1 Medium Zucchini Diced
- 1 Small Sweet Onion Diced
- 8 Baby Carrots Diced
- 1 Medium Tomato Diced
- Start with browning your ground beef.
- Drain the browned ground beef and then pour into the slow cooker.
- Pour in Ketchup and Mustard. Mix well.
- Dice up vegetables: zucchini, onion, carrots and tomato.
- Add diced veggies: zucchini, onion, carrots and tomato to the sauce and ground beef mixture. Mix well.
- Set your crock pot on low for 6 hours.
- Stir at the 3 hour mark to prevent crusting and burning along the edges.
- Enjoy your Slow Cooker Veggie Sloppy Joe!