I grew up in a community just north of where my husband and I now live and where he grew up. It’s amazing the traditions and different cooking and baking styles everyone around here has compared to what I had even with less than 20 miles separating us our entire lives. Before I had met my husband, I had never tasted anything like this ranch cracker mix or the fantastic Garlic Ranch Pretzels I have previously posted about. His mother and our church have similar recipes they use for parties and our church fall festival, but this is my favorite mixture of the two.
Start with preheating your oven to 250°.
Then pour all of the crackers into a large pan. I find the large foil pans are the best for making large batches of party mix. Plus they fit perfectly in the oven! I used 1 bag of oyster crackers, 2 bags of gold fish, 1 small box of wheat thins and 1 bag of pretzels. You can replace any of the crackers with any other type of crackers you enjoy. Personally I have also used Mini Club crackers, Mini Ritz and Cheese Nips in the past. I have never had a cracker that has been a bad addition to this recipe or similar ones!
After all the crackers and pretzels are in the pan, pour over the butter topping. Then Sprinkle over the Ranch Seasoning and Garlic Powder. Mix well until all crackers appear well coated.
Place the pan in the oven for a total of 30 minutes, stirring after 15 minutes. Once the mix has baked, let the ranch cracker mix cool. Then place it in an air tight container for storage.
Enjoy your ranch cracker mix!
4 Regular sized boxes or bags of crackers
1 bag of pretzels
8 oz butter flavored oil (popcorn oil)
4 Tablespoons Ranch Seasoning Mix
1 Teaspoons Garlic Powder
Ranch Cracker Mix
- 4 Boxes Crackers Regular sized boxes or bags
- 1 Bag Pretzels
- 8 oz Butter Flavored Popcorn Oil
- 4 Tablespoons Ranch Seasoning Mix
- 1 Teaspoon Garlic Powder
- Preheat your oven to 250°
- Combine all crackers and pretzels together in a large mixing bowl or foil pan.
- Pour over butter flavored oil and mix until crackers are well covered.
- Sprinkle on Ranch seasoning mix, mix crackers until all are well covered.
- Bake at 250° for 30 minutes. Stir well after 15 minutes.
- Let cool before storing in an air tight container.