Easy Instant Pot Roast Recipe Using A Frozen Roast
When I first received my Instant Pot a few years ago, I was clueless as to all of the things I would be able to do with it. I then started searching Pinterest and found so many people were cooking with frozen meat and having dinner ready in 2 hours or less. This was intriguing to me how this was possible? How were they were getting perfectly tender roasts and chicken? I tried a few soup recipes first including my favorite broccoli cheese soup to get the hang of how the Instant Pot worked Then make it a point to find the perfect pot roast recipe. This Instant Pot Coke Pot Roast is not only delicious, but also only takes 1.5 hours to cook!
Begin by gathering all of your ingredients. Then dump your vegetable oil, garlic powder, onion powder, chili powder and seasoned salt into the instant pot. Turn the Instant Pot on to the saute function. Brown all sides of the roast you can. Depending on the size of your roast you may have to use a separate frying pan to brown your roast. I have only had to do this one time out of the 12 or so times I have made this recipe.
Once all sides you can access on your roast are browned, turn off the saute feature on the Instant Pot. Be aware the pot will still be very hot. Pour in your beef broth and Coke A Cola. Be careful as this can create steam when you pour in the liquid since the saute feature makes the bottom of the Instant Pot so hot.
Then continue to make your roast by placing on the lid to your Instant Pot and placing the lid in the sealing position. Set the Instant Pot on manual mode, high pressure for 45 minutes.
While your roast is cooking slice up your vegetables which will be added in at the end of the 45 minute timer. Peel and dice your carrots and potatoes into 1″ sections. You can also use baby carrots instead of larger carrots that you peel and slice individually slice and cut. Set your vegetables off to the side until the 45 minute cooking time is completed.
Once the 45 minute cooking time is completed, preform a quick release. Then add in the carrots and potatoes to the instant pot. The vegetables may or may be covered fully by the broth mixture. After your vegetables are added, replace your lid on the Instant Pot in the sealing position. Then set your Instant Pot on Manual High Pressure for 10 minutes.
After your vegetables have cooked the 10 minutes at high pressure do another quick release. Then your roast and vegetables are ready to eat. I suggest transferring the veggies to a medium sized serving bowl and the meat to a platter for serving.
This roast also goes great with traditional green beans or our not so traditional green bean casserole!
Ingredients For Instant Pot Coke Pot Roast
3 lb Frozen Beef Roast
2 Tbsp Vegetable Oil
1 Tsp Garlic Powder
1 Tsp Onion Powder
1 Tsp Chili Powder
1 Tsp Seasoned Salt
1 Tsp Worcestershire Sauce
1 Cup Beef Broth
1 Can Coke A Cola
6 Russet Potatoes, peeled and diced in 1″ pieces
3 Large Carrots, peeled and diced in 1″ pieces, or 12-16 baby carrots
Instant Pot Coke Pot Roast
- instant pot
- 3 lb Frozen Beef Roast (similar to Chuck Roast)
- 2 Tbsp Vegetable Oil
- 1 tsp Garlic Powder
- 1 tsp Onion Powder
- 1 tsp Chili Powder
- 1 tsp Seasoned Salt
- 1 tsp Worcestershire Sauce
- 1 Cup Beef Broth
- 1 Can Coke A Cola
- 6 Russet Potatoes Peeled and Diced in 1" Pieces
- 3 Large Carrots Peeled and Diced in 1" Pieces, or 12-16 Baby Carrots
- Add the vegetable oil, garlic powder, onion powder, chili powder, seasoned salt and Worcestershire sauce to your instant pot. Set on Saute.
- Brown all sides of the frozen beef.
- Slowly add in the beef broth and Coke A Cola, mix well with the spices. Make sure nothing is stuck to the bottom of the Instant Pot.
- Place the lid on your pot in the sealing position, place the pot on manual pressure, high for 45 minutes.
- While your meat is cooking peel and dice your potatoes and carrots into 1" pieces.
- Once your meat has cooked at high pressure for 45 minutes, do a quick release.
- Add in the vegetables and replace the lid. Place the lid back in the sealing position.
- Set the pot for manual pressure, high for 10 minutes.
- Once your vegetables have cooked for 10 minutes on high pressure do a quick release.
- Your roast and vegetables are now ready to serve! Enjoy your dinner!