While my husband was working full time at the fire department years ago I used to be on a cookie making stretch! I made a ton a of different types of cookies to take to the guys while they were working. These Yummy Monster Cookies were an all time favorite of theirs and mine! I often made them in a double batch just so they lasted longer! Just be careful a double batch will over flow a standard kitchen aid mixer!
Preparation Of Yummy Monster Cookies
To start making these Yummy Monster Cookies pre-heat your oven to 350°.
Then begin with combing your ingredients to make the monster cookie dough. Combine your softened butter, white granulated sugar, brown sugar, peanut butter, eggs, corn syrup, and vanilla to make a cream base.
Then mix in your rolled oats and baking soda before adding in your plain M&Ms and semi sweet chocolate chips. Make sure to mix your ingredients well. I find this recipe is easiest to make with a stand or hand mixer— but can be done by hand too.
Then use a cookie scoop to get even cookie dough balls and place balls approx 2″ apart on a cookie sheet. Continue with using the palm of your hand or a floured bottom of a cup to flatten the dough balls so the cookies bake evenly. This helps give you a flatter cookie that isn’t rounded on top. Even though they still taste good, they don’t stack in a container well!
Bake your cookies for 12-15 minutes or until the tops of the cookies are golden brown. Then remove your cookies and let them cool on the cookie sheet for 3-5 minutes before transferring them to a cooling rack or wax paper to completely cool.
Make sure to store your cookies in an air tight container until you are ready to enjoy them!
IF you love this recipe make sure to check out our Stackable Peanut Butter Blossoms for more chocolate peanut butter goodness!
1/2 Cup Softened Butter
1 Cup White Granulated Sugar
1 Cup Packed Brown Sugar
1 1/2 Cup Peanut Butter
3/4 Teaspoon Corn Syrup
1 Teaspoon Vanilla
2 Teaspoons Baking Soda
4 1/2 Cup Rolled Oats
1 Cup Plain M&Ms
1 Cup Semi Sweet Chocolate Chips
Yummy Monster Cookies
- ½ Cup Butter Softened
- 1 Cup White Granulated Sugar
- 1 Cup Brown Sugar Packed
- 1½ Cup Peanut Butter
- 3 Eggs
- ¾ Teaspoon Corn Syrup
- 1 Teaspoon Vanilla
- 4½ Cups Rolled Oats
- 2 Teaspoons Baking Soda
- 1 Cup Plain M&Ms
- 1 Cup Semi Sweet Chocolate Chips
- Pre-heat oven to 350°.
- Combine softened butter, white granulated sugar, brown sugar, peanut butter, eggs, corn syrup and vanilla to make a cream base for your dough.
- Slowly add in your rolled oat and baking powder to complete dough.
- Then combine dough with plain M&Ms and semi sweet chocolate chips.
- Use a cookie dough scoop or spoon to make dough balls, place balls on a cookie sheet approx 2" apart.
- Use the palm of your hand or a floured bottom of a cup to flatten dough balls to be approx 1/2" thick.
- Bake cookies at 350° for 12-15 minutes or until golden brown.
- Let cookies set on the pan for 3-5 minutes prior to transferring cookies to a cooling rack.
- Store cookies in an air tight container!
- Enjoy your Yummy Monster Cookies!