Chicken and rice has always been one of my go to comfort food dishes! I love it especially in the winter, but even during these hot summer months! I recently decided I needed to find a way to make it a little more filling so a hour later I wasn’t searching for something else to eat! By adding in some cheese and veggies to make this cheesy chicken and rice with vegetables it becomes the perfect filling weeknight dinner dish.
Preparation Of Cheesy Chicken And Rice With Vegetables
To begin making your Cheesy Chicken And Rice with Vegetables preheat your oven to 350°.
Start with combining your cream of chicken soup, long grain white rice, undrained can of mixed vegetables, water, 1/2 cup of shredded cheese, garlic powder and onion powder in a 9×13 casserole dish.
Then place your chicken tenderloins or breasts on top of the rice and vegetable mixture.
Continue with sprinkling your chicken with the remaining 1/2 cup of shredded cheese.
Bake your casserole covered with aluminum foil for 45 minutes at 350°. Then uncover for the remaining 15 minutes of baking.
Make sure to serve this dish hot. This casserole is great by itself since the vegetables are included in the, but goes great with some crescent rolls or a side of fruit.
If you love this casserole also check out our Easy Semi-Homemade Chicken And Dumplings!
1 Can Cream Of Chicken Soup
1 Cup Long Grain White Rice
1 Can Mixed Vegetables, Undrained
1 Cup Water
1/2 Tsp Garlic Powder
1/2 Tsp Onion Powder
1 lb Chicken Breast Tenderloins
1 Cup Shredded Mild Cheddar Cheese, Split in 2 – 1/2 Cup Portions
Cheesy Chicken And Rice With Vegetables
- 9×13 casserole dish
- 1 Can Cream of Chicken Soup
- 1 Cup Long Grain White Rice
- 1 Can Mixed Vegetables Undrained
- 1 Cup Water
- ½ tsp Garlic Powder
- ½ tsp Onion Powder
- 1 lb Chicken Breast Tenderloins
- 1 Cup Shredded Mild Cheddar Cheese Split in 2 — 1/2 cup portions
- Preheat your oven to 350°.
- Combine the cream of chicken soup, long grain rice, undrained can of mixed vegetables, water, garlic powder, onion powder and 1/2 cup of shredded cheese together in a 9×13 casserole dish.
- Top the rice mixture with the chicken breasts.
- Cover the chicken breasts with the remaining 1/2 cup of shredded cheese.
- Bake at 350° for 45 minutes covered with aluminum foil. Then uncover and finish baking for an additional 15 minutes.
- Enjoy your Cheesy Chicken and Rice With Vegetables!