An Easy Dinner Recipe For 2
For many years one of my Mother’s go to recipes was Spanish Chicken and Rice. Although it often had a little variety to it, since the recipe was never really written down. I made my own variation to share. This version of Spanish Chicken and Rice is perfect to make for 2. If you need to you can double or triple the recipe for a larger crowd!
Preparation Of Spanish Chicken and Rice
To start out making this at home Mexican dish begin with preheating your oven to 350° and getting out a small oven safe pan. Then pour the instant rice, salsa and water into your small pan. Mix these ingredients well.
Then place your chicken breasts on top of the rice mixture. If you do not have check breasts, you can you 2-3 check breast tenderloins to replace each chicken breast.
After you have placed your chicken breasts in your rice mixture top your chicken breasts with salsa.
Cover your small baking pan with aluminum foil. Then bake at 350° for 45 minutes.
Continue with removing your Spanish Chicken and Rice from the oven. Take off the aluminum foil and cover with the shredded cheese. I used Mild Cheddar Cheese today, but Mexican blended shredded cheese is also delicious!
Cook uncovered for 10-15 minutes until cheese is completely melted and slightly brown on top.
Serve hot and enjoy!
*The proper cooking temperature for poultry is 165° according to the USDA. Please make sure to verify your chicken is completely cooked through prior to eating and follow food safety protocol when cooking to prevent infections.
Ingredients Spanish Chicken And Rice
1 Cup White Rice
1 Cup Salsa (split into 3/4 Cup for rice mixture and 1/4 Cup for topping)
1 Cup Water
2 Frozen Chicken Breasts
1 Cup Shredded Mild Cheddar Cheese
Spanish Chicken and Rice For Two
- small oven safe pan
- 1 Cup White Rice
- 1 Cup Salsa Split into ¾ Cup for Rice Mixture and ¼ For Topping
- 1 Cup Water
- 2 Frozen Chicken Breasts
- 1 Cup Shredded Cheese
- Begin with preheating your oven to 350°.
- Then mix the instant rice, ¾ salsa, and water in the small oven safe pan.
- Set the chicken breasts on top of the rice mixture.
- Top the chicken breasts with salsa.
- Bake at 350° for 45 minutes covered with aluminum foil.
- Uncover your Spanish Chicken and Rice and top with shredded cheese.
- Place back in the oven to cook for 10-15 more minutes or until the cheese is melted.