An Applebee’s Copy Cat Recipe
Ever since I first tasted a bite of Garlic Mashed Red Potatoes at Applebee’s I knew I needed to recreate the recipe at home! These mashed potatoes are a close replication and a wonderful side dish for any dinner! Plus there is no need to buy any fancy ingredients since most of the ingredients used in this recipe you probably have in you cabinets or fridge at home.
Preparation Of Garlic Mashed Red Potatoes
Start with cleaning your red potatoes. Rinse them well in a colander and use a vegetable scrubber and scrub the dirt off the potatoes. Cut the potatoes in quarters.
Place the potatoes in a large pot of water, then bring the water to boil over medium-high heat. Reduce the heat so the water continues to simmer for 20-25 minutes or until potatoes are easily broken apart with a fork.
Then drain the potatoes in a colander and transfer them to a medium sized mixing bowl. Add in the milk, butter, garlic salt, garlic powder, and pepper. Mix with a hand mixer to desired consistency. If needed add in more milk to get to desired consistency. Make sure to immediately serve your garlic mashed red potatoes. Although you can keep them warm for a short period of time, they are best when served immediately unless you are planning on using them for meal prep.
If you are planning on using these potatoes for meal prep, plan on making them a little more soupy than your standard mashed potato consistency. Add an additional 1/3 cup of milk when mixing up your potatoes to help them maintain a good consistency when reheated.
These garlic mashed red potatoes make a great side dish for our slow cooker chopped steak!
2 1/2 lbs Red Potatoes, cleaned
2/3 Cup Milk
4 Tbsp Butter
1 tsp Garlic Salt
2 tsp Garlic Powder
1/2 tsp Pepper
Garlic Mashed Red Potatoes
- Hand Mixer
- 2½ lbs Red Potatoes Cleaned
- ⅔ Cup Milk
- 4 Tbsp Butter
- 1 tsp Garlic Salt
- 2 tsp Garlic Powder
- ½ tsp Pepper
- Start with cleaning and scrubbing your red potatoes.
- Cut your red potatoes into quarters.
- Place your red potatoes into a medium sized pot, cover with water and heat on the stove over med-high heat.
- Once boiling, reduce the heat until simmering. Simmer for 20-25 minutes or until the potatoes are easily broken apart by a fork.
- Then drain your potatoes in a colander and place them in a medium sized mixing bowl
- Add in your milk, butter, garlic salt, garlic powder, and pepper.
- Use a hand mixer to mix the potatoes to the desired consistency. Add additional milk to get to desired consistency if needed.
- Enjoy your Garlic Mashed Red Potatoes!