As we continue on with our post quarantine reopening plan, lower levels of meat and other items at the grocery stores I think it is necessary to cook with what you have in the pantry and freezer. This recipe is a great combination of frozen veggies and beef broth with minimal meat needed to give it fantastic flavor! Plus with using the Instant Pot it doesn’t take all day to make! Make sure you have some fantastic Make Ahead French Bread to go with this Instant Pot Beef Vegetable Soup the combination is amazing! It’s a great soup to portion individually and take for lunches. Today I’m eating it during my shift on the ambulance.
Preparation Of Instant Pot Beef Vegetable Soup
To begin making your beef vegetable soup gather all of your ingredients and your instant pot. Start with dicing up your potatoes. You want your potatoes to be approximately 0.5” pieces. Set your potatoes aside and continue with the next step.
Then continue with turning your Instant Pot on to the Saute mode and pouring in the vegetable oil. Then add in your stew meat along with your onion and garlic powder. Saute the meat until it is browned on all sides. It took about 4-5 minutes for me. (Please note I used fresh beef for this recipe and not frozen).
After your meat is browned, dump in your beef broth. Then dump in your frozen vegetables and diced potatoes. Add your salt and pepper to taste.
Cooking Your Beef Vegetable Soup
Once all of your ingredients have been added into the Instant Pot set your pot to manual pressure, high mode for 9 minutes. Make sure your lid is set to sealing and not venting.
Once your Instant Pot has run through the pressure cooking cycle for 9 minutes let your pot naturally release for 25 minutes before turning your release valve to venting and letting out the remaining pressure.
Your soup is now ready to eat with some yummy bread!
Ingredients For Instant Pot Beef Vegetable Soup
1 lb Beef Stew Meat
1.5 Tablespoon Vegetable Oil
5 Cups Beef Broth
2 Russet Potatoes, peeled and diced
1 Bag Frozen Mixed Vegetables (16 Oz)
1 1/2 Teaspoon Onion Powder
1/2 Teaspoon Garlic Powder
Salt And Pepper To Taste
Instant Pot Beef Vegetable Soup
- Electric Pressure Cooker or Instant Pot
- 1 lb Beef Stew Meat
- 1.5 Tbsp Vegetable Oil
- 5 Cups Beef Broth
- 2 Russet Potatoes Peeled and Diced
- 1 Bag Frozen Vegetables 16 oz
- 1 ½ tsp Onion Powder
- ½ tsp Garlic Powder
- Salt And Pepper To Taste
- Start with peeling and dicing your potatoes in 0.5" pieces.
- Turn your pressure cooker to saute mode, pour in the vegetable oil and saute the beef stew meat along with the onion powder and garlic powder for approx 4-5 minutes or until a majority of the meat is browned.
- Turn saute mode off, pour in the beef broth, diced potatoes, frozen vegetables, salt and pepper.
- Set your pot to manual mode, high pressure for 9 minutes.
- Once your pot has cooked on high pressure for 9 minutes let it naturally release for 25 minutes. Then release the remaining pressure.
- Enjoy your Instant Pot Beef Vegetable Soup.