During the last few weeks it has been more difficult to get the food we are used to eating at the grocery stores, restaurants and local delis. This is leading to many more people including myself cooking from scratch things they would normally purchase. I love eating potato salad as a side dish with many different grilled meats. Loaded potato salad is always a treat and since I had everything at home to make it, why not?
To begin making your potato salad, rinse and clean your baking potatoes. Then peel your potatoes and dice them into 1″ pieces.
Continue with fill a large sauce pan with 6 cups of water add in the potatoes. Bring the water to a rolling boil. Cover the saucepan with a lid and turn the heat down to simmering. Let simmer for 9 minutes or until the potatoes are fork tender.
While your potatoes are simmering it is the perfect time to cook your bacon until it is crispy. Let your bacon cool and then crumble it and set it aside.
Once your potatoes are cooked through, drain them in a colander. Rinse the potatoes with cold water. Let the potatoes cool for 15 minutes.
While your potatoes are cooling mix up your sauce. Start with measuring our your mayonnaise and sour cream. Mix these together and add in your seasoned salt, onion powder, and pepper.
Once your potatoes have cooled for 15 minutes, add your potatoes to your sauce mixture. Mix well, until all the potatoes are covered in the mayonnaise mixture.
Now it is time to add in the cheese and crumbled bacon. If you are going to be serving this at a dinner party you may want to hold a small amount out to sprinkle on top of your dish.
This potato salad goes great with our French Dip Sandwiches, Sloppy Joes, or Air Fryer Hamburgers! Our Red Hot Applesauce is also another great side for summer gatherings!
Ingredients For Loaded Potato Salad
3 Russet Potatoes
1/2 Cup Mayonnaise
1/3 Cup Sour Cream
2 Slices Bacon, Cooked and Crumbled
1/2 tsp Seasoned Salt
1/2 tsp Onion Powder
1/4 tsp Pepper
1/2 Cup Colby Jack Cheese, Shredded
Loaded Potato Salad
- Large Sauce Pan
- 3 Russet Potatoes
- ½ Cup Mayonnaise
- ⅓ Cup Sour Cream
- 2 Slices Bacon Cooked and Crumbled
- ½ tsp Seasoned Salt
- ½ tsp Onion Powder
- ¼ tsp Pepper
- ½ Cup Colby Jack Cheese Shredded
- Rinse and wash your Russet potatoes.
- Peel your potatoes.
- Dice potatoes into 1" pieces.
- Place potatoes into large sauce pan. Cover with 6 cups of water and bring to a rolling boil.
- Place a lid on the sauce pan and simmer for 9 minutes or until potatoes are fork tender.
- While the potatoes are cooking, cook or fry the bacon until crispy, let cool and crumble.
- Drain the potatoes in a colander and rinse with cold water. Let cool for 15 minutes.
- While the potatoes are cooling, mix the mayonnaise, sour cream, seasoned salt, onion powder, and and pepper.
- When the potatoes are cool, add them to the mayonnaise mixture.
- Slowly add in the shredded cheese and crumbled bacon. If you want to leave a small amount out to sprinkle on top for presentation you can do this.
One thought on “Delicious Loaded Potato Salad”
Thanks for sharing. The recipe sounds good. I think I will try it.