A Quick and Easy Weeknight Dinner
Weeknight dinners are probably the most difficult things to put together on a consistent basis. Meal prepping and meal planing can make all the difference in creating a stress free weeknight dinner. Tonight I made these easy french dip sandwiches with some of the left over shredded beef from the roast I cooked at the end of last week. Using up left overs in different recipes is a great way to clean out the fridge and not get tired of your food by eating the same thing!
I start with toasting my french rolls. I got mine at Aldi this week, and they are perfect for making french dip sandwiches. Open up the rolls and toast them open faced under the broiler for approx 3-5 minutes until golden brown.
Then if your using left overs like I am you will need to warm up your shredded beef. You can also use sliced beef in place of shredded. Tonight for the sake of time I just used the microwave and heated the beef for about 40 seconds. I also warmed up my Au Jus in the microwave for about 30 seconds. I used some of the beef broth the roast was cooked in as Au Jus and it was perfect, but if you are using deli sliced roast beef you can purchase Au Jus packets to make sauce.
Once the bun is toasted, placed the heated shredded beef on the toasted bun and cover with one slice of provolone cheese. You can also use Swiss cheese for another variant of this recipe.
Toast your sandwich under the broiler open faced until the cheese is melted approx 2 more minutes.
Remove your sandwich from the broiler, and close the sandwich.
Enjoy your fast and easy weeknight dinner!
6 French Rolls
2 lbs Shredded Beef (click to see our recipe!)
6 Slices of Provolone Cheese
1.5 Cups Seasoned Beef Broth from cooking shredded beef or Au Jus Packet
Easy French Dip Sandwiches
- 6 French Rolls
- 2 lbs Shredded Beef or Deli Sliced Beef
- 6 Slices Provolone Cheese
- 1.5 Cups Au Jus (either seasoned beef broth or from a packet)
- Place your french roll open faced under the broiler on high for 3-5 minutes or until slightly brown.
- Warm up your shredded beef or deli beef slices for approx 40 seconds in the microwave.
- Place the beef on the french roll, top the beef with the provolone cheese.
- Place under the broiler for another 2 minutes or until the cheese is melted.
- Warm up your Au Jus for approx 30 seconds in the microwave.
- Remove the sandwich from the broiler and fold over the top, Enjoy!