A Fast and Easy To Make Snack
For the upcoming Valentines Day holiday, I began looking for something I could make that would be a little festive, and most importantly: EASY! I had a little help in the kitchen tonight making banana chocolate chip muffins for my son’s class and these amazing Berry Cereal Snack Bars! These are both perfect recipes to have your kids help in the kitchen!
I have previously used this recipe with an old flavor of Cheerios I love that unfortunately is now discontinued. Hopefully they will bring the plain peanut butter back, but for now very berry and chocolate peanut butter are close seconds to my favorite flavor! I have found this recipe works great with almost any cereal. The best part is there is no measuring other than cutting some butter off the stick!
To begin with I melt the butter over medium heat in a large pot on the stove.
Once the butter is melted add in the marshmallows. Mini marshmallows tend to melt quicker and easier than full sized marshmallows from my experience. Stir the marshmallows continuously until they are completely melted. Remove the marshmallow mixture from the heat.
Dump in the whole box of cereal. If you like extra gooey cereal bars, I would recommend using approx 1/2-1 cup less cereal. Mix the cereal well into the marshmallow mixture until well covered.
Pour the mixture into a greased 9×13 pan. Even out the mixture using a spatula sprayed in oil. You can also use butter for this, but oil works just as well. I prefer to use glass pans for my cereal snack bars similar to this one.
Wait for your cereal snack bars to cool and then cut them to the desired size. Store in an airtight container. They will keep for one week, if they last that long!
Ingredients For Cereal Snack Bars
3.5 Tablespoons Butter
1 10.4 Oz bag of mini marshmallows
1 10.9 Oz box cereal (Cheerios work well)
Cereal Snack Bars
- 3.5 Tbs Butter
- 10.4 Oz Bag Mini Marshmallows
- 10.9 Oz Box Cereal
- Melt butter over medium heat in large pot on the stove top.
- Stir in mini marshmallows, continue string continuously until marshmallows are completely melted.
- Remove marshmallow mixture from heat, dump in entire box of cereal.
- Stir until cereal is completely covered by marshmallow mixture.
- Transfer mixture to a well greased 9×13 pan. Smooth out mixture with a greased spatula.
- Let cool completely before cutting into desired sized pieces. Keep in an airtight container.