During our amazing carry in soup month at work “Souper December”, my mom made this fantastic cheese vegetable soup I had forgotten about! During this month we made so many good recipes including our broccoli cheddar soup that I love, but this soup takes the cake for creamiest cheese vegetable soup I have ever had! Today I set out to not only recreate this recipe, but also to make it an instant pot recipe! With the nasty weather outside this week, I decided soup was the perfect meal prep to make this weekend. This recipe also made enough for me to take a little to my grandparents.
Preparation and Cooking
I started with chopping up the vegetables that needed to cook in the instant pot first, the onion, celery, and potatoes. Then cut the celery and onion in very small pieces and the potatoes in approx 1/2″ sections. Place all the cut up vegetables into the instant pot along with the chicken broth and the frozen vegetables. Setting the instant pot on high pressure for 5 minutes.
Once the instant pot has completed it’s cooking cycle, do a quick release. Then add in the Velveeta like cheese, cheddar cheese and cream of chicken soup. Place the Instant Pot on Saute for 10 minutes, gently stir consistently during this time. This will prevent the cheese from sticking to the bottom of the insert.
Your instant pot cheese vegetable soup is now ready to eat! This soup also freezes well! It is a perfect dish to make ahead for meal prep or for a friend that just had a baby.
4 Cups Chicken Broth
1 Cup Chopped Onion
1 Cup Chopped Celery
1 Cup Chopped Potatoes (approx 3 medium russet potatoes)
1 bag of frozen mixed vegetables
1 lb Velveeta like cheese
1 Cup Cheddar Cheese
2 Cans Cream of Chicken Soup
Instant Pot Cheese Vegetable Soup
- instant pot
- a good chopping knife for vegetables
- 4 Cups Chicken Broth
- 1 Cup Chopped Onion
- 1 Cup Chopped Celery
- 1 Cup Chopped Potatoes Approx 3 medium russet potatoes
- 1 Bag Frozen Mixed Vegetables
- 1 lb Velveeta Like Melt Cheese
- 1 Cup Cheddar Cheese
- 2 Cans Cream of Chicken Soup
- Chop up onions, celery and peeled potatoes.
- Placed the chopped and frozen vegetables in the instant pot with the chicken broth.
- Set the instant pot on manual high pressure for 5 minutes.
- Quick release the instant pot, add in cheeses and cream of chicken soup.
- Cook on Saute for 10 minutes stirring consistently.