I fell in love with the idea of pretzel crust pizza when Pizza Hut and Little Caesar’s created pretzel crust pizzas. I was bound and determined to create my own. Then I received a fundraising kit from my child’s school fundraiser that walked me through just how to do it! This recipe was an instant hit at our house from the first time I made it!
Start with 1 or 2 packets of pizza crust mix (use 2 if you want a thicker crust). Mixing the packets per the package directions. I prefer the pizza crust mix that has a rising time similar to the Betty Crocker Pizza Crust Mix.
Then roll out your pizza dough on your pan. I find it is helpful to use flour as a base to keep the dough from sticking too much to your pan.
Make sure to preheat your oven to 400° so it is hot and ready to go when your ready to bake your pretzel crust pizza.
I then mix the baking soda and warm water together and use a brush to brush this solution around the crust before sprinkling some course salt on my crust. I still have some left over from my pretzel kits, so I haven’t had to purchase any yet, but I have seen this at several grocery stores in the spices isle.
Make your pizza to your liking! I always use Prego Pizza sauce, this is one thing I am super picky about. I have also found I like to use a mixture of mozzarella and provolone cheese together for pizza. This mixture makes your pizza have more of a creamy melted cheese.
I bake my pizza at 400° for approx 10-15 minutes until the crust is golden brown. I have a convection oven so my cooking times may be slightly less than a traditional oven.
Ingredients For Pretzel Crust Pizza
1 or 2 packages of pizza crust mix
Water per package instructions
1/2 cup water for crust solution
2 teaspoons baking soda for crust solution
Pretzel or Course Salt
Toppings of your choice
Pretzel Crust Pizza
- 1-2 Packets Pizza Crust Mix use 1 for thinner crust and 2 for thicker crust
- Water Per Package Directions on Pizza Mix
- ½ Cup Water For Crust Solution
- 2 tsp Baking Soda
- 1 Tbsp Pretzel or Course Salt
- 10 oz Pizza Sauce
- 3 Cups Pizza Cheese
- Toppings Of Your Choice
- Make pizza crust mix per package instructions. Let rise.
- Preheat oven to 400°.
- Roll out pizza crust onto pan.
- Combine 1/2 cup water and baking soda brush along crust.
- Top crust with course salt.
- Continue topping pizza with sauce, cheese and toppings.
- Bake pizza for 10-15 minutes or until crust is golden brown.
- Enjoy your pretzel crust pizza!